Graphic Web Designer
About Jadu Spacecraft
We are Jadu Spacecraft Team. A high-end design and technology team specialising in creating user-first digital experiences based on the JADU digital platform.
Our team is full of design and digital experts, we’ve honed our skills, talents and prowess to improving digital services for all. We are a group of passionate individuals who believe in user-first, continuous improvement for the organisations and companies we partner with.
We’re collaborative, inquisitive, driven and engaged, creating and delivering the best with the challenges of today’s age. We make accessible digital experiences for everyone. Putting people before profit. Human experience, before technology. Making digital seamless and the user, front and centre of our design solutions.
Spacecraft is part of the JADU group.
At Jadu Spacecraft, we work on projects using an established research based design process. Our process focuses on four iterating pillars: UX RESEARCH, TEST > CREATIVE DESIGN > BUILD, TEST > DEPLOY
With a focus on UX Research, we design with data generated from analytics and data and user testing reports generated from eye tracking tests. We carve out a brief from working in collaboration with our customers to flesh out their hopes, their fears and their aspirations. We understand user needs to establish what both business and customers need to get to the best possible digital user journey.
The design process at Spacecraft requires an eye for detail, but with empathy for the user - delivered by working closely with our UX Designer, Front end build team, Web Developers and test team.
About this role
At Jadu Spacecraft, the Graphic Web designer decides how our websites look, making choices about layout, fonts, and images to create Accessible, usable and aesthetically stunning websites. You may also work on individual page elements, such as logos or images, that are incorporated into a final design.
We are looking for an experienced Graphic Web Designer who wants to take the next step in their career to join our creative, award winning team, working from home or at our Leicester HQ.
We work on significant websites, mainly in the public sector - the biggest sites of their kind, in the World. This means you will be working on large web design projects that require an understanding of user experience design, development and the technology used on modern, highly scaled websites.
You will have a passion for user-centred design and be as equally comfortable analysing data, as designing beautiful digital experiences. The role will be split between some UX Planning with our UX Designers and Design so it will be essential that you have excellent typography and layout skills, combined with strong research and communication skills. A knowledge of accessibility will be vital to the success of this role, so previous experience in designing accessible websites is important.
You will work at the centre the team to help deliver exceptional creative projects for global clients, across government and education sectors - but also some commercial work. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great team and work on potentially career defining projects.
Who are you?
You will be natural at leading core projects with customers, presenting ideas and confident at working with clients at all levels from CEO to digital managers. We will need you to also work directly with end-users (customers, members of the public, students - essentially, the users of your work).
Do you experiment?
We’re looking for someone with creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense. You should have the confidence, to present and explain ideas to clients and colleagues as well as articulate your ideas and vision when challenged.
- You will of course have substantial and provable portfolio in modern website design!
- Lead the creative design effort on our projects
- Attend and lead UX workshops onsite at client locations, alongside a UX Designer
- If you understand web accessibility, WCAG 2.1 / Section 508, this is a distinct advantage as accessibility is considered at every stage
- Collaborate with the wider design team to raise standards and share knowledge and skills
- Confidently manage workload on multiple projects simultaneously
- Have a good awareness of, and be able to respond to changes within the design industry
- Help to support a growing global business with partners in Australia and the US
- Have a good understanding of code so that you can craft design that can be built
- The usual design tools including InVision and also prototyping in CSS and HTML
- Strong responsive web design abilities with a sharp eye for typography and detail
- Ability to design on-brand
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Confidence to voice your opinion and present to customers and partners
- A high-level of proficiency with industry standard tools including Sketch and InVision
Job perks and benefits include:
- 25 days per year (not including bank holidays)
- We are set up for distributed teams
- Distributed working is totally OK as is working in the studio
- Flexible working hours to accommodate commuting to the studio
- Private Healthcare with AXA PPP after probation
- Employee Pension Scheme after probation
- MacBook Pro
- Cool office environment with fully equipped kitchen
- Unlimited fresh ground coffee!
Note: Please ensure you include a covering letter with your CV / Portfolio telling us about yourself and why you think you are right to build your career as a UX Designer at Spacecraft - and what value you think you can add.
We do not accept agencies and this is not a freelance role.
We have our own recruitment team and we look to define and create careers not stepping stones.
Jadu Group are an equal opportunity employer and Investor In People.
Job perks and benefits:
- Massive opportunity to learn and grow
- Private healthcare cover with AXA PPP
- MacBook Pro and all Apple hardware
- Onsite parking
- Unlimited fresh ground Coffee
You must have the right to work permanently in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer and Investor in People.
To apply, simply click on the link below.