We have an exciting opportunity for a Dev Ops Engineer to join our team based at our Headquarters in Leicester.
We are a software company with global headquarters in Leicester and offices in the USA and Australia. Recognised as one of the leading providers in this industry, we are expanding both the business and our products to reach a global market. We provide hosting and management services through AWS, Rackspace and Azure both to our global customer base and to our internal development teams.
You will with the ability to troubleshoot network and server issues and trace traffic through complex systems involving web application firewalls, intrusion detection systems and load balancers to resolve problems. Previous commercial experience within a web hosting environment and experience of high availability systems architecture and design (virtual and physical) and capacity planning would be valuable.
You will have some knowledge and experience of the following technologies:
- AWS in a production environment (Amazon machine image, S3, EBS, AWS Serverless deployments etc)
- LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) / WISP stack (Windows, IIS, SQL Server, PHP)
- Bash scripting
- Automation tools (preferably Ansible)
- RedHat/Centos, Cloudflare, Akamai
- Monitoring tools (such as Nagios, Zabbix, Pingdom, Sitemorse)
- XenServer virtualization platform, VMWare virtualization platform
- Git source control system
- Containerisation (Docker), and container orchestration (ECS)
We work with the latest technologies including Amazon Web Services and Azure and need another enthusiastic Dev Ops to join our team to help us build and maintain resilient and secure systems at data centres across the globe for our high profile, high traffic websites.
The successful candidate will have experience with some or all of the key technologies we use gained either in a Dev Ops, web systems administration, or similar role, ideally at a hosting company and will bring dynamism and enthusiasm to learn and develop their skills with us.
A positive, proactive attitude, adeptness at solving problems and dealing with customers and suppliers are particular qualities we look for in this role.
This role provides a rare opportunity to have significant influence across the organisation, drive change and take on serious challenges. One day could mean taking a customer through an infrastructure you have designed for them, another working with the development team to make code and infrastructure work together in a scalable environment and the next improving processes for the deployment and maintenance of new servers. You will not be bored!
Reasons to work with us:
- Holidays - 25 days per year (not including bank holidays)
- Flexible - Flexible working hours to accommodate commuting
- Massive opportunity to learn and grow.
- Private healthcare cover with AXA PPP
- MacBook Pro and all Apple hardware
- Outstanding and cool office environment with onsite parking
- Opportunity to attend conferences
- Yearly training and self-development budget
- Unlimited fresh ground coffee!
You must have the right to work permanently in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer _amp_amp; Investor in People.
To apply, simply click on the link below.